TBAT is an essential partner for your R&D tax relief claim.
The R&D tax credit scheme is an HMRC incentive designed to inspire innovation and increased spending on R&D activities by companies operating in the UK. TBAT aims to simplify the R&D tax claim process with minimal disruption to your business. We have consultants with expertise in a wide variety of science, engineering, software and healthcare disciplines. TBAT do the work so you can receive the credit, ‘bridging the technical expertise gap’ between you the Client and your Accountant in order to submit a successful and maximised R&D tax credit scheme claim to the HMRC.
R&D Tax Calculator
Select your number of employees below to get started now
TBAT has been working on R&D tax claims for over 5 years and have a 100% success rate!
TBAT has been working on R&D tax claims for over 5 years and have a 100% success rate. We have identified over £210 million in eligible R&D spend and brought £24 million in tax benefit to our clients, boosting their ability to stay ahead in a globally competitive market.
We have a great understanding of HMRC requirements and have successfully claimed from a range of industry sectors. Our clients’ satisfaction is paramount and, as a result, many return year on year. One company has stated that they “really appreciate the help here and the amazing friendly professionalism that you have all brought”.
What are the 2 R&D Tax Credit schemes?
You are eligible for the SME scheme if you have less than 500 employees in your company and/or group and less than £100m turnover.
- A 130% uplift is applied to your R&D costs leading to a tax reduction of £26 for each £100 spent on R&D if you make a profit
- Loss making? you could receive a cash payment of £33 for each £100 of R&D expenditure
- Claims can go back two full years resulting in a repayment of corporation tax already paid
You are eligible for the RDEC scheme (formally Large Company Scheme) if you have over 500 employees in your company or group or more than £100m turnover.
- No minimum R&D Spend
- No upper limit on claims
- From April 2016, Above the Line Credit, is mandatory with a benefit of £8.80 per £100 on R&D
- Repayable credit now possible for large companies
- Can still access the 30% uplift scheme for previous tax years