In August 2019 our colleague Matt told us the devastating news that his three-year old daughter, Alyssa, had been diagnosed with liver and lung cancer. Alyssa has been in treatment ever since, and despite going through experiences that no young child should go through, she continues to smile, laugh and dance through it all.
Find out more about Alyssa's journeyClick Here
After generally feeling a bit useless here at TBAT, we started thinking of ways in which we could help. It was then that Matt told us about the challenge that his family were planning – running the Alfred Wainwright Coast to Coast in aid of CLIC Sargent (find out more here: https://tinyurl.com/uz2zcs2). Along with thinking they were completely insane (!!) we thought – If they can run it in 5 days, then surely, we can cycle it in 2.
So that’s what we’re going to do. Richard, Ryan and Steve supported by TBAT:
- Two days (26th & 27th June 2020)
- Whitehaven to Robin Hood’s Bay
- 172 miles (275km) through the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors
- 14,000 feet (4250m) of climbing
Day one will be 102 miles from Whitehaven to Richmond, followed by a 70-mile slog to Robin Hood’s bay on the Saturday, arriving at lunchtime (ish) – just in time for the runners to arrive and make us feel completely inadequate!
The route (all on road) can be found here: https://www.strava.com/routes/23842738
We’ll be riding to raise funds for CLIC Sargent as they have supported Matt, Vicky and their family throughout Alyssa’s treatment. They provide emotional and financial support as well as accommodation for hospital stays to children and young adults as they undergo cancer treatment.
Ways you can help:
- Sponsor our ride via JustGiving! Whatever you can afford will edge us closer to meeting and hopefully exceeding our target.
- Share our JustGiving page with friends, family and colleagues via email or social media.
- Ride with us! If you or your colleagues would like to come along for all or part of the ride and raise money for CLIC Sargent, or your own cause, we’d love to have you (as long as you can support yourselves along the route!).
- Anything else you can think of! Kit, supplies, promotion – we’re very much open to suggestions!
Help us reach our fundraising targetJustGiving
Who are we supporting?
We're raising money for CLIC SargentWhat they do
Sponsor the running team
The same Coast to Coast route - ran over 5 daysJustGiving
Want to help?
To discuss any of the above, or potential sponsorship opportunities...Get in Touch