About the The Queen's Awards for Enterprise
While we’re well known for helping businesses access funding opportunities for their innovative work, for example, R&D Tax Credits and UK and EU Grant Funding; we can also assist businesses to write their applications for awards such as The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise.
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are for outstanding achievement by UK businesses in the categories of:
- international trade
- sustainable development
- promoting opportunity through social mobility
What happens if your company wins?
If you win you’ll be:
- invited to a Royal reception
- presented with the award at your company by one of The Queen’s representatives, a Lord-Lieutenant
- able to fly The Queen’s Awards flag at your main office, and use the emblem on your marketing materials (for example, on your packaging, advertisements, stationery and website)
- given a Grant of Appointment (an official certificate) and a commemorative crystal trophy
The awards are valid for 5 years.
Winners have reported benefiting from worldwide recognition, increased commercial value, greater press coverage and a boost to staff morale.
To apply for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise your organisation must:
- be based in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- file its Company Tax Returns with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- be a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management
- have at least 2 full-time UK employees or part-time equivalents
- demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility
Your organisation can be a business or non-profit.
Award Categories & Additional Entry Criteria:
To apply for the Innovation award, you must also:
- have an innovation that has not been sold before
- have had your innovation available on the market for at least 2 years
- have recovered all the investments made in your innovation or show that the innovation will recover its full costs in future
- show outstanding commercial success as a result of innovation over 2 years – or continuous commercial success over 5 years
Your innovation should be in one of the following categories:
- invention, design or production of goods
- performance of services
- marketing and distribution
- after-sale support of goods or services
To apply for the International Trade award, you must also:
- have made a minimum of £100,000 in overseas sales in the first year of your entry and show year-on-year growth
- prove that your organisation has achieved outstanding growth in overseas earnings relative to your business size and sector
- prove steep year-on-year growth (without dips) in overseas sales over 3 years – or substantial year-on-year growth (without dips) over 6 years
To apply for the Sustainable Development award, you must also:
- show how you have achieved outstanding sustainable development for more than 2 years
- provide evidence of the benefits or positive outcomes of your actions or interventions
Promoting Opportunity through social mobility
To apply for the Promoting Opportunity award, you must also:
- have had a social mobility programme running for more than 2 years
- provide evidence of the programme’s benefits (for example, to your organisation and employees)
Your improvements should help socially disadvantaged individuals or groups and be in one of the following areas:
- work experience, careers advice or mentoring for young people
- offering non-graduate routes such as traineeships or changing recruitment practices
- giving equal support and progression opportunities to all employees
How can TBAT help?
We can help you to write your Queen’s Award application, for any category.
Our unique skillset and expertise in application writing allows us to assist you to convert your company information into tailored and effective answers to the application questions, identify any gaps and ensure you have answered the questions fully and to the required level of detail.
Please get in touch with our team here, if you’d like to discuss us helping you to write your Queen’s Awards for Enterprise.