Position: Business Development Executive
Salary: Based on experience
More info and to apply – firstname.lastname@example.org
TBAT are a leading R&D consultancy, assisting innovative businesses obtain government-backed grant funding, private equity funding and claiming R&D Tax Credits from HMRC. Due to expansion, we’re on the lookout for a Business Development Executive to assist with driving the business forward and being the first piece of the sales puzzle.
With TBAT’s strong brand, no lead is a ‘cold’ lead. You will be working closely with our marketing team, following up on their campaigns to generate appointments for our Business Development team to bring to fruition.
In return, our marketing team will be relying on your extensive market research knowledge & understanding of vertical markets to define & present opportunities for targeted marketing campaigns.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of creating new business opportunities and generating appointments with senior decision makers. This is an office-based role within a forward thinking and rapidly expanding team and the main tasks and duties of the role will be:
- Researching and identifying appropriate new business opportunities
- Cold calling and generating meetings with agreed targets
- Updating the CRM system with all activities and monitoring the sales pipeline
- Providing support to the Business Development Manager for both new business approaches and the account management of existing clients
- Liaising with the Marketing department
Background of the Business Development Executive
- Ideally at least two years’ B2B experience in a business development, sales support or senior telesales role within professional or financial services
- Excellent communication skills that can be used effectively at all levels
- A track record of achieving targets
- Experience of using a CRM system
- A high level of commercial awareness
- Attention to detail
- Be self-motivated, well organised and able to multi-task and prioritise workload according to deadlines
- Be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’
- Have a positive outlook and a can-do attitude
For more information on who we are and what we do, please get in touch