Organisations can apply for a share of £1 million inclusive of VAT to develop products and services to support healthy ageing.
Share of up to £1 million
19th Jul 2021
15th Sep 2021
This is a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition funded by UKRI. The aim of the competition is to fund organisations to deliver social impact and address one or more of the 7 themes of the Healthy Ageing Challenge Framework.
UKRI will award up to £4 million inclusive of VAT across 2 strands. These are:
- Healthy Ageing Social Ventures Feasibility Studies for projects with costs up to £50,000 (this strand)
- Healthy Ageing Social Ventures industrial research for projects with costs from £50,000 to £150,000 for prototype development and evaluation
Innovate UK will not fund projects that:
- do not have a strong social impact or focus or purpose
- do not address any of the 7 themes from the Healthy Ageing Challenge Framework
- include clinical trials, clinical studies, or fundamental research
- require regulatory approval
- do not have an existing lead customer
- involve the development of early stage technologies
To lead a project, you must:
- be an organisation of any size
- work alone or with other organisations as subcontractors
- exist wholly to provide benefits for society
- have stated commitment to social outcomes for an identified set of beneficiaries related to your social or environmental mission
- have objects in your constitutional documents, which form a constitutional lock, that protect your social or environmental mission
- have a policy to distribute profits after tax so surpluses are used to achieve social or environmental impacts
Contracts will be awarded only to a single legal entity.
However, if you can justify subcontracting components of the work, you can employ specialist consultants or advisers. This work will still be the responsibility of the main contractor.
- start by 1 March 2022
- end by 28 February 2023
- have total eligible project costs up to £50,000 inclusive of VAT
Projects can last up to 12 months.
Organisations can apply for a share of up to £1 million, inclusive of VAT.
In this strand, feasibility studies contracts will be awarded up to £50,000 inclusive of VAT, for each project up to 12 months.
The total funding available for the competition can change. The funders have the right to:
- adjust the provisional funding allocations
- apply a ‘portfolio’ approach based on geography, themes, scale of project and sustainability
Your application must have at least 50% of the contract value attributed directly and exclusively to research and development (R&D) services, including solution exploration and design. R&D can also include prototyping and field-testing the product or service. This lets you incorporate the results of your exploration and design and demonstrate that you can produce in quantity to acceptable quality standards.
R&D does not include:
- commercial development activities such as quantity production
- supply to establish commercial viability or to recover R&D costs
- integration, customisation or incremental adaptations and improvements to existing products or processes
Interested in applying for this competition?
Book a 30-minute consultation
Our team are available to discuss your innovative business, your project ideas and how we can help you to write a successful application for this Grant Funding opportunity.
Use the calendar to select and book a consultation with one of our experts, at a time that’s convenient for you.