WRAP is funding projects of between £200,000 and £1m. The grant supports projects that provide new infrastructure/technologies which increase recycling capacity for difficult to recycle plastic packaging/textile materials.
Share of up to £4.7 million
14th Jun 2019
2nd Aug 2019
WRAP is looking for organisations that are creating new methods of recycling plastics or textiles in England. The project must demonstrate that it goes beyond ‘state of the art’ i.e. beyond current industry norm, and it must have a measurable impact, e.g. in terms of quantity in tonnes, of plastics or textiles collected.
Plastics Recycling to fund Capital Infrastructure Costs:
- Wash plants
- Innovative sorting / Segregation equipment
- Sorting software (Artificial Intelligence / NIR auto sort)
- Smart marker systems
- Conveyor systems
- Weighbridge and load equipment
- Infrastructure – bays, buildings
- Storage / containers / shelving
Textiles Recycling to fund Capital Infrastructure Costs:
- Plant / Machinery
- Tools or technology/software that helps disassemble and sort textile materials
- Automated processes for removing unwanted items from clothing prior to recycling (e.g. zips, studs)
- Automated sorting processes for used textiles by fibre type, and/or by colour
PLEASE NOTE: To apply for this funding, you must first submit an outline proposal; if this is successful, you will then be invited to submit a full application.
Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
- Eligibility of applicant and project location
- Eligibility of project activity
- Ability to deliver the project, demonstrating timescales and experience
- Potential project impact, including proposed monitoring
A finite budget of £4.7 million has been allocated to fund large scale grant projects:
- Plastics Recycling – £3.2 million
- Textiles Recycling – £1.5 million
WRAP will be funding projects of between £200,000 and £1 million.
The minimum grant contribution towards eligible project costs is 35%. Organisations applying will need to demonstrate that can fund the project by contributing 65% in match funding.
Micro, small and medium sizes enterprises may be eligible for an uplift to grant contributions.
Please see Guidance Document Here for details on what can and cannot be included in your project and project costs.